The Future Of Agricultural Finance
Adapt To Thrive
Finance cannot afford to spend valuable time focusing on transactions, processing and reporting. Today, regulators, boards, commercial functions and external stakeholders expect finance to be a true business partner. Why? Because finance is in a unique position to provide the insights needed to drive real-time decision making and elevate Agribusiness performance.
CFOs can clearly see how disruption, be it social, environmental, technological or political, affects the entire enterprise. They are also perfectly placed to see how disruption can spell opportunity for Agriculture businesses with the agility to act fast.
Six Areas Finance Needs To Address
If finance is to deliver the value demanded by the modern agriculture business, it needs to address six aspects of its performance.
- Strategy and value: Embrace the strategic role of finance to balance short-term gains with long-term value creation.
- Extreme automation: Use advanced technology to increase process automation, drive quality, reduce risk and reveal insights that help you make business decisions.
- Data, analytics and insights: Base your decision-making on accurate insights and predictive analytics by integrating your internal data sets with external signals.
- Modern workforce: Take on the responsibilities of modern finance and identify key skills and competencies. Attracting the right talent calls for new, more flexible strategies.
- Organizational agility: Start thriving in ‘the new reality’ of a disrupted finance model and keep up with evolving service catalogue and capabilities.
- Risk and compliance: Innovate finance by embracing technology to increase your effectiveness in managing risk to drive organizational value